Probate refers to the process in which the Last Will and Testament of an individual is validated by Probate Court (also known as the Surrogate’s Court) upon their passing. The probate process typically takes several months, and sometimes can take several years to be finalized. The amount of pleadings and documents required can be overwhelming, court hearings can quickly rise from a few to many, and the many issues that surface can be disastrous to the beneficiaries and families involved. This is why you need a New York City attorney to help you with your probate matters. Mishiyeva Law, PLLC., is a firm that is here to guide you every step of the way.
The loss of a loved one is a difficult experience. When someone you love passes away, the last thing anyone wants to think about is the red tape that comes with attending Surrogate’s Court, and the process of compiling the right documentation to ensure that the Will is substantiating the right people involved. An expert with compassion, and surgent-like legal precision is what you need. Contact the right attorney today.
Expert Probate Lawyer
When you have the right New York City probate lawyer by your side, the burdensome process of probate goes from fearful to hopeful. We can explain what the probate process entails, what happens in and out of court, and resolve any disputes that may arise between beneficiaries or non-beneficiaries who allege to have a claim to the assets of the estate. Another benefit to having the right probate attorney is the effective and haste manner in which creditor claims and liens against property of the estate can be resolved. Finally, the right probate attorney will ensure that property and all assets are distributed accordingly and properly in accordance with the Last Will and Testament of the deceased.
Our attorneys can minimize the stress of probate by providing you with the following services:
- Secure current Will/Trust and determine distribution plan and beneficiaries
- File Petition with Surrogate’s Court to open an estate
- File the inventory of the estate assets
- Determine the validity of claims asserted against the estate and defend against those which are not valid
- Publish Notice to Creditors
- Assist in locating assets and establishing an estate bank account
- Administer Estate and/or Trust in accordance with State and Federal law
- Attend all necessary court hearings
- Distribute assets to beneficiaries
- Defend against any Will contests
- Prepare Federal and New York State tax returns on behalf of the decedent and estate
Probate Guidance in New York City & Surrounding Counties
When you are ready to retain competent and skilled attorneys to help you with probate or estate planning, Mishiyeva Law, PLLC., is the firm you need to call. To speak with a knowledgable probate lawyer about the probate of a decedent’s will, contact us today or call us at (646) 535-1667.